TravelBrands Inc (1) has always recognized the importance of your right to privacy and we will continue our commitment to safeguarding your personal information.
While our past practices have always tried to ensure the protection of your personal information, our new policy as governed by the federally legislated Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act will aid us in formally protecting your interests.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TravelBrands Inc collects personal information only for the following purposes:
- To identify, contact and provide purchased service to customers
- To establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with customers and to provide ongoing service and offers
- To address special customer needs
- To manage and develop TravelBrands Inc’s business and operations
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
TravelBrands Inc’s policy will apply to and protect all personal information collected used or disclosed by TravelBrands Inc when an individual:
- Makes an inquiry or travel reservation by telephone or through our website
- Registers or provides information by email or through the internet
- Inquires about his/her services
- Enters contests and sweepstakes
- Makes additional requests for services
- Applies payment to an existing travel reservation
- Issues a complaint regarding his/her services
- Signs a contract or other form of authorization
THE PRIVACY PRINCIPLES TRAVELBRANDS INC FOLLOWS
There are ten principles, which form the basis of TravelBrands Inc’s policy. These principles are interrelated and TravelBrands Inc shall adhere to them as a whole. As permitted by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, and its regulations, the interpretation of TravelBrands Inc’s policy may be tailored to reflect personal information issues specific to TravelBrands Inc.
Principle 1 – Accountability
TravelBrands Inc is responsible for personal information under its control. And has designated its Director – End User Integration as responsible for ensuring the company’s compliance with the following principles.
Principle 2 – Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
TravelBrands Inc shall identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
Principle 3 – Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
The knowledge and consent of a customer is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
Principle 4 – Limiting Collection
TravelBrands Inc will limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the identified purposes and will collect this information by fair and lawful means.
Personal information which may fall under the policy may include but is not limited to:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Medical/Dietary Requirements
- Credit card information
- Emergency Contact
- Personal Preferences for Hotel/Airline
- Hotel Room #’s
- Pre-assigned aircraft seats
- Destination incident report information
- Opinions as consensually given on questionnaires
- Banking information
- Language preference
- Passport information
- Frequent Flyer Number
Principle 5 – Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention of Personal Information
TravelBrands Inc will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. TravelBrands Inc will retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes, or as required by law. TravelBrands Inc may disclose a customer’s personal information to: * A third party for provision of any of TravelBrands Inc’s products or services for which the information was expressly collected (including hoteliers, airlines, ground handlers) * A third party as required by law or emergency * A third party retained by TravelBrands Inc to perform functions on its behalf.
Principle 6 – Accuracy of Personal Information
Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Principle 7 – Security Safeguards
TravelBrands Inc shall protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
These safeguards may include:
- Physical measures (locked filing cabinets, on-site security)
- Technological tools (database passwords)
- Organizational controls (staff training, confidentiality agreements)
Principle 8 – Openness Concerning Policies and Practices
TravelBrands Inc will make readily available to customers and employees specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Principle 9 – Customer Access to Personal Information
TravelBrands Inc’s Privacy Office shall inform a customer of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information upon request and shall give the individual access to that information. A customer shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
Principle 10 – Challenging Compliance
An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to TravelBrands Inc’s designated privacy officer.
TravelBrands Inc has put procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries regarding our policies and practices relating to the handling of personal information. For inquiries or complaints, an individual may contact our privacy office as follows:
- Email : email@example.com
- Telephone : 1 800 889-5853
- Mail: TravelBrands Inc, 5450 Explorer Drive, Mississauga, Ontario. L4W 5N1 Attention: Privacy Officer
Additional information regarding the legislation can be obtained through the Privacy Commission of Canada’s website at www.privcom.gc.ca or by calling 1-800-282-1376.
(1) References to TravelBrands Inc refer to: TravelBrands Inc, Sunquest Vacations, Vacances Sunquest, ALBA, ToursMaison, Holiday House, Holiday Network, Intair, Boomerang Tours, Exotik Tours, FunSun, Belair Travel, Last Minute Club, Wholesale Travel Group, DF-W Tours.